Thursday, January 19, 2012

CASSETTE PLAYA


Ever since I was introduced to this brand a few years back, I've been a HUGE FAN!
The brand is owned by Carri Mundane, who is HIGHLY talented and has styled many of the famous celebrities such as M.I.A and Rihanna also she has collaborated with many different brands such as Nike, Swatch and Swear to name a few.




Cassette Playa has the '80s vibe mixed with the skater theme mixed with neon aztec prints, sometimes carries a slight african vibe highly influenced by science fiction & Japanese anime. I know a mix of all these would result designs that are hard to pull of or a "wear it once" item, but with her creativity it will definitely end up being a favorite item you own. This brand is a regular in all issues of I-D, Dazed & Confused and other similar magazines.

Her items are very hard to find, even the official online store goes out of stock very fast.
Check out her Official website/blog/online store/GIF gallery here.


I love the GIF Gallery for some random reason, below are few of the GIF images I liked:



 And finally a few of my own Cassette Playa collection:





Official Cassette Playa Twitter here.


No comments:

Post a Comment